Talk to an Expert
It is important to understand that cannabis medicine is highly individualized.
It takes time, persistence, active participation, and a little experimentation to find the right concentration and delivery system that works for you. But luckily, this gives you the opportunity to take control of your medicine and decide what works best for your needs!
The education services at Verdes are here to reduce your learning curve and save you money as you learn.
Our goal is to educate and empower YOU so that YOU understand how to adequately and safely use this medicine.
Our Client Service Representatives (CSRs) are here to help you achieve the best possible outcomes with the least amount of cost.
Our CSRs are each trained by a registered nurse to help clients find cost-effective products that manage symptoms safely and effectively.
- Teach YOU how to effectively manage YOUR cannabis medicine
- Provide ongoing support and guidance on cannabis products, delivery systems, & onset times
- Teach you about the cannabis plant and its impact on the body and typical* symptom relief
* It is important to understand that cannabis is highly individualized. It takes time, persistence, active participation, and a little experimentation to find the right concentration and delivery system that works for you.
- “Prescribe” in any manner
- Make changes to your current pharmaceuticals
- Provide guidance to non-medical cannabis cardholders
- Offer guidance on how to “cure” your condition
- Applications or renewals for medical cannabis cards
- Act as a physician
Always share any concerns you have about medical cannabis with your prescribing doctor or primary care doctor. These concerns can include any medications you are taking that may interact negatively with cannabis or how-to best time your cannabis consumption around other medications.
Due to COVID-19, our in-person cannabis 101 classes are on hold. Check back soon for updates on how we will provide these classes going forward.
Attend our Cannabis 101 class to get an in-depth overview of the properties of the plant and how those properties interact with your body. The class covers delivery systems (such as edibles vs. inhalants), onset times (how long it takes to feel the effects of cannabis), and our endocannabinoid system (why we can feel the effects of cannabis).
In preparation for the class, please consider the following:
- Space is limited. Slots are reserved for medical cannabis cardholders only and their caregivers
- No-call, no-shows will not be allowed to sign up for another class except for an extenuating circumstance
- Clients may be asked to reschedule if necessary
It is highly encouraged that all clients attend a Cannabis 101 class prior to signing up for a one-on-one session. Please note: Our 30-minute sessions are typically booked one month out.
Our Cannabis Educators are available to meet with clients at our Albuquerque and Rio Rancho locations.
Educational sessions are 30-minutes in length and are designed to focus on 4 key components:
- Your Overall Goals
- Typical Effects of Cannabis
- Types of Cannabis Products
- Onset Times
In preparation for the educational class, please consider the following:
- If you are a new client be sure to sign up for a cannabis 101 class prior to requesting a one-on-one education session.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, please note that you will be asked to reschedule.
- If you need longer than 30 minutes with a Cannabis Educator, please schedule an additional session.
- Cannabis Educators may provide guidance to current New Mexico medical cannabis cardholder clients only.
- No-call, no-shows will not be allowed to reschedule except for an extenuating circumstance.
- Clients may be asked to reschedule if necessary.
If you have already attended a Cannabis 101 class and would like to schedule a 30-minute educational session, please call us at (505) 280-2814.